When we started this journey, we didn’t even think about chain restaurants being on our list of the best bread baskets. We got an overwhelming response, however, about one particular restaurant — Red Lobster. The Cheddar Bay Biscuits! You have to go do the Cheddar Bay Biscuits! So we did, and boy, we don’t regret it.
Traverse City, MI
- Cheddar Bay Biscuits, we repeat, Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
- Don’t quite know what purpose Bay serves in the title, but we sure would love to visit the mythical Cheddar Bay.
- Butter, check, garlic, check, cheese, check, all the salt ever created? YES!
- It tasted like the biscuits were soaked in butter, quick fried, baked, then dipped in a salty garlic topping like when you rim a margarita glass.
- Warm, but unfortunately wrapped in a paper napkin. And not even a fancy paper napkin.
- No spreads necessary for this butter garlic salt cake.
LIKELINESS FOR REFILLS
Took a few minutes for the first refill, but she did eventually bring unprompted. When it is publicized as endless (with purchase of an entrée), we expect a veritable bounty of biscuits.
Fellow Biscuit Lover
We heard this news a few weeks ago and didn’t think much of it, but after last night, we have to wonder, will anyone be able to duplicate these at home? We think not, although it might be worth a try in the test kitchen. Plus, then we would be forced to look at the nutrition information, and it’s definitely not worth that. The good news? The mix is currently in stock TC peeps.